HCP 2016 Scholarship
HCP Foundation will offer an annual commitment of Five hundred dollars ($500. 00) per year. This annual scholarship is not a permanent fund and is awarded only as long as we have contributors who choose to contribute to the fund.
These scholarships were established in 2014:
By Yopel services for Haitian students who demonstrate outstanding academic and Business interest.
By the Sanon Family for Haitian students who demonstrate outstanding academic and community engagement.
By F.A.S.T for any students who demonstrate outstanding academic and community engagement.
By HCP Foundation for any students who demonstrate outstanding academic, community involvement and leadership.
Three Scholarship amounts of $500
One scholarship amount of $1000
Number of scholarships per year: 4
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America or a permanent resident.
- Must be a high school senior entering college on a full time bases
- Must be pursuing a degree in social , human services or Business. Bachelor degrees, Associates degrees in any colleges or University, community colleges or vocational programs.
- Must have a minimum on a 3.0 scale GPA
- Must submit application and all required materials in single envelope by deadline date.
Primary award criteria
- Community/extracurricular involvement.
- Participation in specific activities.
All scholarship applications and requested materials must be received at HCP Foundation (71 Legion Parkway suite 22 Brockton MA 02301) by April 15, 2016
- If the deadline falls on a weekend, the following Monday will be used as the deadline date.
- HCP Foundation will not acknowledge receipt of applications. If you want to verify it was received send the application via Certified U.S. mail or any carrier that has tracking ability or drop it at our office.
- Faxes are not accepted.
Notification to Recipients
All scholarship recipients will be notified by the end of May each year. We cannot send out lists of recipients to those who do not receive a scholarship. We only notify recipients, no notification means the student did not receive the scholarship.
The following items are required to complete the application process. These items must be submitted in a single envelope in the order listed. All items received separately will be discarded. Any additional items will be discarded.
- Application – must be on the original form, typed and signed
- Statement of purpose stating how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals and how you will be an agent for change in your community (500 word minimum.)
- 2 Letters of recommendation from teacher or school official or community organization.
- High School transcript. Transcript must be from school, but not in an official sealed envelope.
- GPA stated on application must be verifiable from transcript. Transcripts must have school name printed on it.
- 1 additional copy of all above items must be included. Copy must blind all references to the students name and address.
Scholarship for Students Who Meet Criteria
This grid is simply an organizing tool to help judges evaluate the scholarship applications. There is no requirement to use this form if the judge has their own system of ranking. Judges Can:
- Rank the students for each requirement, noting the applicants rank (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Use a scale of 1 to 10 to award the applicants points for each item
- Devise their own system for evaluating the applications.
- Academic Achievement
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Vision/Direction of Career
- School Activities
- Extracurricular Activities
*Direct family members of the Haitian Community Partners are not eligible for the scholarship.